As of Monday, March 23, 2020
We at Brown Funeral Chapel announce a response to the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to serve our families 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but our office hours will be by appointment only until further notice. Please feel free to call 931-864-6464 if you have any questions or concerns.
At this time, Governor Bill Lee has issued Executive Order No. 17, the CDC and the Tennessee Funeral Director Association has released guidelines mandating all funeral homes to use the following orders:
- Only allow 10 people or less for visitations and services.
- For those having a gathering or services, please be respectful of those attending by refraining from hugging or shaking hands to try and prevent spreading this virus.
- Postponing larger public services for a later date.
- Having hand sanitizer readily available for visitors and staff.
- Limiting the amount of people who come in to make funeral arrangements and offering to do arrangements remotely if possible.
We know that these changes are not the traditional ceremonies that we are accustomed to, but by working together, we can prevail through this difficult time we are all facing. By making these temporary changes now, we can help lessen the effect of this virus on Pickett County.
For those who might be attending these limited visitations and services, for your safety, the orders say no hugs or handshakes. Direct eye contact, loving words, and a warm smile are as meaningful to a family as a traditional handshake or hug. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.